Webmaster Tools has been a feature that hasn't seen too much evolution or growth in recent years, until now. In this interview, Bing's Duane Forrester talks about the new features and functionality of the Phoenix update to Bing Webmaster Tools.
- The Phoenix update is centered around two major themes. One is user experience and the other is enhanced tools and features.
- The platform was built by SEO's for SEO's and much of the functionality was born from the feedback of real webmasters.
- There are new date range selection tools that allow you to govern the information across the entire platform.
- The Keyword Tool pulls organic keyword data in from Bing, rather than rounded estimates of search traffic.
- Link Explorer gives you the ability to explore your backlinks and backlinks from your competitors. It also has added search functionality, giving you the ability to filter links by anchor text and URL. This allows you to see who and how you and your competitors are being linked to.
- The “Fetch as Bingbot” function tells the Bing crawler to crawl a page and send back a report. This gives webmasters the ability to see how the crawler is viewing a specific page in real-time. This can be a big help in discovering visibility problems on the pages of your site.
- Under Reports & Data > SEO Reports, you are able to discover list of SEO issues Bing is finding and prioritized suggestions of what you should take a look at.
- The SEO Analyzer will show a live shot of your page on the web and highlight SEO issues right on the page, making edits and changes more manageable. This gives webmasters the ability to test newly created pages and make sure they do not have technical errors.
- The Search Traffic report allows you to take an in-depth look at search traffic and ranking information.
- The community has been responding to the new Bing Webmaster Tools with very positive feedback thus far and Bing plans on continuing to expand and improve upon the current toolset.