- We have helped many sites recover
– We have built a model of how Panda works
– We use a hands on, “part of your team”, approach
Case Study: A Publisher Website hit by Panda
Typical Panda Factors
Pages perceived as doorway pages – do your pages offer a buy now or leave experience?
Excessive ad placements – way too much add density above the fold?
Poor content fit to site – a money oriented section that is not a good fit to the rest of the site content?
Reused content – e.g. manufacturers descriptions and reviews that are published lots of other places?
Pages of Curated Links – Simple content curation looks to Google like “search within search” and they don’t like it
Sameness of Content – Google wants diversity in their results because their users want diversity
**Sameness: (in reference to site content)
1. The quality or condition of being the same.
2. A failure to introduce new information; lacking in depth; monotony.
3. Not to be confused with duplicate content – just nothing new here.
Some of Eric’s Articles Related to Panda
Panda is about improving Google’s search quality, NOT about punishing poor quality sites. That distinction is important!
Learn the importance of extreme content differentiation. Nothing new to say? Then it may not be worth saying!
An in-depth interview with Matt Cutts about the types of content that Google likes!
For more information on Panda Recovery Services, contact us at:
Stone Temple Consulting
(508) 879-0995 (Sales)
(508) 879-0951 (Phone)
(603) 676-0378 (Fax)