Dennis Mortensen Podcast with Eric Enge on Web Analytics and Click Fraud
On March 9th, 2007 Eric Enge and Dennis Mortensen spoke about Web Analytics and Click Fraud. Here are the major questions that Eric asked:
- Let's start by talking about the various ways that analytics packages approach analytics. In particular, can you discuss reports based approaches and metrics based approaches?
- Can you talk a little bit about report surfing?
- Let's expand upon that notion a bit. Let's talk about the role that a web analyst plays in a successful web analytics strategy.
- We've talked about click fraud before. Certain news organizations report that click fraud is a huge percentage of the paid clicks on the Internet. Can you provide your perspective on that?
- How have you measured click fraud?
- Lastly, let's talk about the challenges facing the web analytics industry in 2007 and beyond.
You can read a written transcript of the interview here, or click below to listen to the podcast.