Web Analytics Interview with Jim Sterne
On Tuesday February 27, 2007 Eric Enge and Jim Sterne spoke about web analytics tools. Here are the major questions that Eric asked:
- What advice would you give to a company that is just getting started in analytics?
- What are the major sources of errors in web analytics?
- What is the best way to deal with the errors inherent in web analytics?
- What are Key Performance Indicators? How easy is it to figure these out?
- Can you talk about the role of daily reports (what I mean here is the reports that get generated automatically, and sent out to various people)?
- Let's talk a bit about ad-hoc analysis. How should a business plan to use these in their web strategy?
- What role does the analyst play?
- How would you advise web site owners to allocate their budget between software tools and people resources?
You can read a written transcript of the interview here, or click below to listen to the podcast.