Eric is the founder and CEO of Stone Temple Consulting. A prominent SEO and digital marketing industry thought leader, he has been an entrepreneur for most of his 30+ year career. This page will tell you a little bit about him.
He is the lead author of the book The Art of SEO; a columnist and contributor to publications such as Search Engine Land, Moz, Forbes, Copyblogger, Marketing Land, and Social Media Today; and a regular speaker at industry conferences such as Search Marketing Expo, Pubcon, ClickZ Live, and many others. Eric is known for the publication of groundbreaking studies, and interviews of other industry notables such as Google’s Gary Illyes, Matt Cutts, and Bing’s Duane Forester. You can learn more about Eric here.
Eric speaks at a host of events across the continent, including the major search conferences.
Insight Into What is Coming in Online Marketing
Eric’s access to industry leaders, including key search engine employees, provides STC with insight into the direction of search, enabling us to offer our clients advice on how to build their strategy for the long term. Some landmark articles by Eric include:
Some of Eric’s other major accomplishments include:
- Founder, CEO of Stone Temple Consulting (1997-Present)
- SEO Consulting Services for companies looking to grow their search engine traffic (2002-Present)
- Eric is co-author of The Art of SEO book, along with Rand Fishkin, Stephan Spencer, Jessie Stricchiola. The book was released in October 2009 and is published by O’Reilly Media. The 3rd edition will publish in early 2015.
- Eric makes regular contributions to Forbes, Search Engine Land, Search Engine Watch, and Copyblogger.
- For STC’s results, check our case studies page.
- Founder, various other entities (2002-Present)
- Managed search engine optimization for education-online-search.com (EOS), a site that generated more than 500 leads per day.
- Sold EOS and related sites in February of 2006.
- Responsible for search engine optimization for City Town Info (CTI), a site with information on more than 20,000 cities and towns across the US.
- Sold CTI in May of 2010.
- Responsible for SEO for Braintrack, a comprehensive global directory of colleges and universities.
- Sold Braintrack in June of 2012.
- 10 years at Phoenix Technologies (1986-1997)
- Ran worldwide engineering from 1987 to 1991
- Company IPO in 1988
- Personally responsible for bringing AOL into the OEM market
- Bootstrap Launched a software group in 1993 to $10M in sales at a 20% profit before tax in 1995
- 1982 Graduated Class Marshall (Valedictorian) Northeastern University
- 1984 World Foosball Champion (Goalie War)
- 1985 National Foosball Champion (Goalie War)
- Have run the Boston Marathon 3 times (1997, 1998, 2001)
- Father of 3 college students!
For more information on Web Marketing Services, contact us at: