Eric is the founder and CEO of Stone Temple Consulting. A prominent SEO and digital marketing industry thought leader, he has been an entrepreneur for most of his 30+ year career. Eric is also emerging as a recognized expert on content marketing.
He is the lead author of the book The Art of SEO; a columnist and contributor to publications such as Search Engine Land, Moz, Copyblogger, Marketing Land, and Social Media Today; and a regular speaker at industry conferences such as Search Marketing Expo, Pubcon, ClickZ Live, and many others. Eric is known for the publication of groundbreaking studies, and interviews of other industry notables such as Google’s Gary Illyes, and Matt Cutts. You can learn more about Eric here.
Eric speaks at a host of events across the continent, including the major search conferences.
Insight Into What is Coming in Online Marketing
Eric’s access to industry leaders, including key search engine employees, provides STC with insight into the direction of search, enabling us to offer our clients advice on how to build their strategy for the long term. Some landmark articles by Eric include:
Some of Eric’s other major accomplishments include:
- Founder, CEO of Stone Temple Consulting (1997-Present)
- SEO Consulting Services for companies looking to grow their search engine traffic (2002-Present)
- Eric is co-author of The Art of SEO book, along with Stephan Spencer, Jessie Stricchiola. The book was released in October 2009 and is published by O’Reilly Media. The Art of SEO is now available in its third edition.
- Eric makes regular contributions to Marketing Land, Search Engine Land, Search Engine Watch, and Copyblogger.
- For STC’s results, check our case studies page.
- Founder, various other entities (2002-Present)
- Managed search engine optimization for education-online-search.com (EOS), a site that generated more than 500 leads per day.
- Sold EOS and related sites in February of 2006.
- Responsible for search engine optimization for City Town Info (CTI), a site with information on more than 20,000 cities and towns across the US.
- Sold CTI in May of 2010.
- Responsible for SEO for Braintrack, a comprehensive global directory of colleges and universities.
- Sold Braintrack in June of 2012.
- 10 years at Phoenix Technologies (1986-1997)
- 1982 Graduated Class Marshall (Valedictorian) Northeastern University
- 1984 World Foosball Champion (Goalie War)
- 1985 National Foosball Champion (Goalie War)
- Have run the Boston Marathon 3 times (1997, 1998, 2001)
- Father of 3 college students!
For more information on Web Marketing Services, contact us at:
Image credit (Eric speaking at Pubcon): Matt Siltala