Mark Traphagen is our Senior Director of Brand Evangelism, responsible for the reputation and promotion of the Stone Temple Brand. He spearheads STC’s content and social media.
Mark has built a strong reputation as a social media and content marketing expert. With over 150,000 social media followers, he has become a sought after speaker at national conferences such as MozCon, PubCon, and SMX, and a featured writer for major online publications such as the Moz Blog, Search Engine Land, and Marketing Land (where he writes a monthly Social Media column), as well as a new bi-monthly column for Search Engine Journal. Of course, he also regularly publishes on our own blog.
- In an interview on Reddit, Rand Fishkin of Moz named Mark as one of his top 5 people to follow on social media.
- Top 100 Most Influential Digital Marketers (2016) – Onalytica.
- Top 25 Most Influential Content Marketers (2018) – Onalytica
- Attendees at Social Tools Summit in Boston voted Mark “Social Guru of 2017”
Mark resides in Durham, North Carolina, where he plays in a Dixieland street band and performs at competitive storytelling events.
Follow Mark Traphagen
Upcoming Speaking Events
- To be announced
Past Speaking Events
- Pubcon – November 6-9 on “B2B Guide to Engaging Content and Ad Copy”
- SMX East– October 24-26, 2017 on “How Machine Learning is Changing the Content Game Right Now” (Sponsored Session)
- Social Tools & Best Practices Summit – October 18, 2017 on the “Social Tools, Tips, and Tricks to Build Your Brand and Thought Leadership” panel.
- The board of the Internet Marketing Experimental Collective (IMEC) Google Hangout – October 16, 2017 at 5:00 PM on “Explaining Strange Google Result”
- State of Search – October 9-10, 2017 on “Content Quality, Going Beyond “I know it When I See It.” and “Here’s Why Live“
- Engage Conference – March 9, 2017 on “Do Links Still Matter? The Present and Future of Links for SEO”
- SMX West – March 21-23, 2017 on “SEO & Social: A Match Made In Marketing Heaven”
Mark Traphagen’s Most Influential Content
- The Rise and Fall of Google Authorship for Search Results (15,400 shares) – co-authored with Eric Enge
- Will Google Bring Back Google Authorship? (3,200 shares)
- Becoming Better SEO Scientists (Moz Whiteboard Friday video – 3,100 shares)
- Why Your Social Media Audience Is Critical for Content Marketing (2,700 shares)
- Does Social Media Affect SEO? (3,200 shares)
- Tweet and Repeat: The Power of Sharing Again and Again (2,300 shares)
- Personal Brand Punch: Why Your Brand Should Be Represented By Real People (2,000 shares)
- 9 Proven Tips to Get More Social Media Followers (1,500 shares)