Mark Traphagen is our Senior Director of Brand Evangelism, responsible for the reputation and promotion of the Stone Temple Brand. He spearheads STC’s content and social media.
Mark has built a strong reputation as a social media and content marketing expert. With over 150,000 social media followers, he has become a sought after speaker at national conferences such as MozCon, PubCon, and SMX, and a featured writer for major online publications such as the Moz Blog, Search Engine Land, and Marketing Land (where he writes a monthly Social Media column), as well as a new bi-monthly column for Search Engine Journal. Of course, he also regularly publishes on our own blog.
Mark also writes and produces our popular Here’s Why video series, where each episode combines a zany skit with in-depth, actionable digital marketing insights.
- In an interview on Reddit, Rand Fishkin of Moz named Mark as one of his top 5 people to follow on social media.
- Top 100 Most Influential Digital Marketers (2016) – Onalytica.
- Top 25 Most Influential Content Marketers (2018) – Onalytica
- Top 25 Influencers on Social Media Topics (2018) – Onalytica
- Attendees at Social Tools Summit in Boston voted Mark “Social Guru of 2017”
Mark resides in Durham, North Carolina, where he plays in a Dixieland street band and performs at competitive storytelling events.
Follow Mark Traphagen
Upcoming Speaking Events
- To be announced
Past Speaking Events
- Pubcon – November 6-9 on “B2B Guide to Engaging Content and Ad Copy”
- SMX East– October 24-26, 2017 on “How Machine Learning is Changing the Content Game Right Now” (Sponsored Session)
- Social Tools & Best Practices Summit – October 18, 2017 on the “Social Tools, Tips, and Tricks to Build Your Brand and Thought Leadership” panel.
- The board of the Internet Marketing Experimental Collective (IMEC) Google Hangout – October 16, 2017 at 5:00 PM on “Explaining Strange Google Result”
- State of Search – October 9-10, 2017 on “Content Quality, Going Beyond “I know it When I See It.” and “Here’s Why Live“
- Engage Conference – March 9, 2017 on “Do Links Still Matter? The Present and Future of Links for SEO”
- SMX West – March 21-23, 2017 on “SEO & Social: A Match Made In Marketing Heaven”
Mark Traphagen’s Most Influential Content
- The Rise and Fall of Google Authorship for Search Results (15,400 shares) – co-authored with Eric Enge
- Will Google Bring Back Google Authorship? (3,200 shares)
- Becoming Better SEO Scientists (Moz Whiteboard Friday video – 3,100 shares)
- Why Your Social Media Audience Is Critical for Content Marketing (2,700 shares)
- Does Social Media Affect SEO? (3,200 shares)
- Tweet and Repeat: The Power of Sharing Again and Again (2,300 shares)
- Personal Brand Punch: Why Your Brand Should Be Represented By Real People (2,000 shares)
- 9 Proven Tips to Get More Social Media Followers (1,500 shares)