Our Stone Temple App running on Google Assistant and/or Amazon Alexa can help you answer a wide range of SEO and digital marketing questions.
For example, you can ask questions such as
- What is a noindex tag?
- What is a 401 status code?
- What is an href lang tag?
- How do I make my site mobile friendly?
- How do I implement a no follow tag?
…and get an audible answer from any of those devices. Here’s how!
How to Use “Ask Stone Temple” on Google and Alexa
Instructions for Google Assistant devices and apps
Use any of the following:
- Any Smart Speaker with Google Assistant (such as Google Home, the JBL Link, and many others)
- Android phone (touch and hold the home button)
- iPhone (use the Google Assistant app)
- Any Android-enabled wearable (i.e., smart watches with the Android operating system)
- the Google Pixel laptop (press the Assistant key)
- Android TVs and cars equipped with Android Auto
To ask SEO questions, simply wake up your device or open the appropriate app and say “Ask Stone Temple” followed by your question. So, for example, “Ask Stone Temple what is content marketing?”
That’s it! Nothing needs to be installed or enabled.
Instructions for Amazon Alexa devices
Will work with any Alexa device that allows voice input, such as Amazon Echo, Amazon Tap, or Amazon Dot.
First, find our app in the Alexa Skills store:
- In the Alexa App on an Android phone or tablet, go to the Menu and select Skills. Search for “Stone Temple.”
- From a web browser, use this link to go directly to our app.
Next enable the Stone Temple Skill:
- Make sure your Alexa device is on and connected to the same Wifi network as the device on which you’re enabling the Skill.
- Select the “Enable” on the Stone Temple Skills page.
To ask SEO questions, simply wake up your Alexa device and say “Ask Stone Temple” followed by your question. So, for example, “Ask Stone Temple what is content marketing?”
- Just how smart are the leading digital personal assistants?
- Why digital personal assistants are the next big thing
Why did we Build These Apps?
Because our digital marketing clients include some of the top brands and largest sites in the world, we at Stone Temple realize how important it is to be ahead of the wave on any technology or development that could impact how people search, get information, and decide what to purchase.
But sometimes data isn’t enough. Sometimes to really know a technology you have to do it. You have to build it.
So that’s why we decided to learn how to create our own Actions on Google and Alexa Skills to answer SEO questions. Our apps allow any user of a Google Assistant-powered app or device (such as Google Home) or any Alexa-powered Amazon device (such as the Echo series) to get a quick answer to over 100 (soon to be over 240) SEO-related questions.
We also are actively involved in helping our clients to build and enhance their Actions on Google Apps and Alexa Skills. Interested in getting help from us to do the same for your business? If you are, contact us here.