Bill Slawski Podcast with Eric Enge
On October 19, 2007 Bill Slawski and Eric Enge, spoke about search engine ranking factors. Here are the major questions that Eric asked:
- Bill, you have two different posts about 20 ways that search engines can rank search results. Can you start by identifying those that you consider most likely to be in active use by search engines now?
- Let's talk about things that may be in use by search engines now, or are likely to be in the near future.
- How do you see the search engines differing in emphasis in their strategies for using these signals?
- When I spoke with Matt Cutts recently, he talked about the problems with using "bursty signals". These are signals where the depth of data may vary greatly from web site to web site. How can the search engines manage bursty signals?
- Are they any bursty signals you think search engines are using / may use any way?
- How should web masters navigate this confusing and tricky landscape?
You can read a written transcript of the interview here, or click below to listen to the podcast.